Sunday, July 27, 2008

Government Coupons for DTV Converter Box

I followed the directions given on the television ad and received my two coupons for a DTV Converter Box, or my "Analog Pass-Through DTV Converter Box" as listed on the box. The coupons were for $40.00 each. The converter boxes are $59.99. They seemed to be that price at all the stores, although I did not check Wal-Mart since I do not shop there. My friend said they had to pay $59.99.

I have not opened the boxes yet, but I have to wonder by looking at the picture on the box if the real price of this item is not $19.99 and the coupons were given out just so the government could say to people calling to complain that they had covered 2/3rds of the cost.

Of course the real "cost" of the box is probably 15 cents.

All I really know is that come February, 2009 all two televisions in the house should still work.

No comments: