Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nightmares Continue


The nightmares just continue, leaving me exhausted when the alarm goes off each morning.

Last night I spent the whole night planning the memorial service for a man in our church congregation. I was the only one available to make all the plans and prepare the church for the service. I was moving chairs, tables, calling everyone with the arrangements, and then seating everyone when they arrived.

A couple of nights before that I was in a horrible nightmare that involved being in this very dangerous situation with my friends, but I was the only one that understood we were in danger. They kept laughing at me as I asked them to leave the building and get in my car so I could take them to safety. It was one of those nightmares that even when I would wake up and go back to sleep I would end up right where I left off in the nightmare. After several tries of getting some sleep I ended up just turning on the light and reading until the alarm went off in the morning.

The only way I have been getting any sleep is by trying to take an hour nap in the afternoon. That seems to work and it certainly has not kept me from falling asleep at night because I am usually asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I sure hope I can break this nightmare cycle soon.

No comments: