Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hair of the Hair


I think I have pretty well established on this blog that I am not a woman that primps a lot. I shave my legs only when they will be exposed to sunlight by wearing shorts. I wear minimum makeup most of the time when I leave the house, and don’t bother with it if I am staying home for the day. I wear my grey hairs with pride. I earned every single one of them, besides I used to dye my hair and it is more effort than I care to make these days. I have one dressy outfit. I own one pair of good black pants for summer, one good pair of black pants for winter, and a few skirts. I have one pair of sneakers, three pair of sandals, and two pairs of slip on shoes. All of which are at least two years old. My standard dress for work is a pair of jeans, and a nice top.

I do shower and wash my hair daily. I always try to look neat and tidy when I leave the house. One thing about looking neat and tidy is always looking for stray eyebrows and facial hair. I check the mirror each morning and night for those stray hairs.

It is due to this stray hair diligence that made it so shocking when I woke up this morning to find a crazy wild eyebrow about two inches long sticking right out of the lower part of my eyebrow close to the top of my eyelid that I KNOW was not there last night. Of course the tweezers came out and I plucked that sucker out. WOW, I do believe that thing was wrapped throughout my nasal passages and around my optic nerve. As soon as I plucked it my eyes teared up and my eyesight was blurry. My nose started running from both nostrils. My cheeks hurt as did the roof of my mouth, and I developed a tic in my right eye. It was several minutes before I could recover. What the heck?

How did one hair cause all that to happen? It wasn’t even one of those nasty white eyebrow hairs that are about an inch in diameter. Well, no matter what I will stay on stray hair patrol. However, the next time I see one of those nasty wild hairs I might have a shot of tequila close by so that I can say it was the shot that caused all the side effects and not a stupid hair. It will be a Hair of the Hair.


No comments: