Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Obscene


My oldest and I went to dinner tonight with my "sister" and her husband at "The Cheesecake Factory." The servings were obscene.

I kept thinking about the second deadly sin: Gluttony.

None of us finished our meals. I ended up eating the avocado, tomato and chicken off my sandwich and left almost all of the bread. I ate about 5 fries. I probably should not have had a cup of soup first, but I kept thinking I would take 1/2 of my sandwich home. Once my order arrived I noticed that it would not travel well, the bread was already getting soggy.

I will admit to ordering a slice of cheesecake, however, I shared it and I had prepared my calories for the day to be able to splurge on the cheesecake.

My oldest brought home enough pasta to last him at least two more meals.

I just wish these restaurants would not serve such obscene servings.

No comments: