Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Really Know Nothing About Fashion These Days



Today was quite an eye opener for me fashion wise.

My oldest boy wanted to go to Guitar Center for some sound effects thingy for his guitar. As I took the off ramp from 75 onto the access road there was a woman standing on the shoulder having a flat tired fixed by a man that must have been the driver of the car behind her. She was dressed in a bikini bottom, a pink and white striped t-shirt, and stilettos. She was not young, and she was not exactly thin, not real obese, but certainly could have found another outfit to flatter her figure.

I found it very strange at the time. I was wondering why she was driving around in bikini bottoms. It does not seem to be the most comfortable outfit to drive around in, but what do I know, I don’t own a bikini bottom. As the night as gone on and this sight keeps coming back to me, I have to wonder if maybe she was having trouble getting someone to stop and help her and decided that if she changed into her bathing suit bottom she would have better luck getting a man to stop. I don’t know. I do know she has more guts than I do, and that I would never be able to stand on stilettos on the side of the road, or in the middle of a perfectly level floor.

The other very odd (to me) fashion sight I saw today was in the parking lot of “Guitar Center.” As I was sitting in the car with the youngest waiting on the oldest a woman and her son walked across the parking lot in front of my van. She was an attractive woman, probably in her early 40’s, not extremely thin, but had a very nice shape, and was obviously well maintained by the look of her hair, skin, etc. She had on a nice black top over white shorts, in fact her son was in a black shirt and white shorts too. The big difference was that her white shorts had a design on the back. I could not tell the exact shape of the center of the design, either a bright red heart or a circle surrounded by a circle of green leaves. However, the design was in a very strange place. It was exactly in the lower center of her rear. It made me want a bow and arrow. I really do not know why someone would want to wear shorts that draw attention to that particular spot on their rear end.

I really know nothing about fashion these days except that if bikini bottoms, and big red circles on my rear are it, then I will continue to be unfashionable.


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have had some friends ask me what was so bad about the white shorts with the design. I did not want to put it in the original post, but I will answer the question in case others are wondering the same thing.

When I first saw the woman I thought she was having a rectal hemorrhage. I was starting to open my door and go to her when I noticed the circle of leaves around the "hemorrhage." I don't think a design on a pair of shorts should look like you might be having a major medical issue.

Anonymous said...

Dang! I was hoping no one I knew would see me. Oh well!

Loni said...

U so crack me up. Thx for the Laugh!