Monday, July 21, 2008

I Won't Be Able to Explain This, But ...



The strangest thing happened today. I was multitasking at my desk and I kept losing this one small note to myself so I stuck it in between my lips until I needed it in the next step of one of my tasks so I would have it immediately. I was typing along when I quite unexpectedly and very violently sneezed with my mouth still holding the note.

I actually thought I had blown my lips off. It was the strangest sensation I can remember ever having after a sneeze. I could not feel my lips. I actually had to reach up and touch them to make sure they were still attached, but at the same time I was really looking around my desk to see where they had landed.

The numbness lasted a couple of minutes, which is about how long it took for me to shake my head and really focus on myself. My eyes felt like the were sticking out of my head, and all the hair in my nose felt gone, but at least I still had my lips and my note.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
I can always get a smile when I read your blogs, but this one brought on a belly laugh! Wish I had been a fly on the wall! Thanks for brightening my day.