Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nothing Like Getting Out of Dodge



I am supposed to work a 20 hour week, as of yesterday afternoon I have 17 hours this week, and I have to work on Friday, so today I took the day off and "got out of Dodge."

Before leaving town I took care of the issue I was dealing with last night. I wrestled with it all evening and this morning, and after many tears, some screaming, and some slamming of my fist into my pillow, I made a decision and went with it. I do not know the what will come of it, but I am happy with how I decided to handle the situation, and now it is out of my hands.

I picked up my friend Laura at 9:30 this morning and we drove to Lewisville to go to Quilt Country where I found the perfect fabric to finish up what I needed for the cat quilt.

Our next stop was the Quilter's Workshop in Carrollton. What a terrific store with wonderful people. They had a book there on floor quilts and the lady was nice enough to sit down with me and explain the process. I left there really pumped up by the great ideas I picked up.

From there we stopped at Ikea in Frisco to pick up an item my oldest has been wanting, followed by Joann's Fabrics, and a stop at Smoothie King for a "Pomegranate Blast."

Not ready to head home yet we drove to Murphy and shopped at the Sprouts where I bought a jar of arrabiata sauce for tonight's spaghetti and some whole grain bread.

It was then time to go home so we could get ready to pick up kids from school. Since I had an hour before I had to get the youngest at 4:00 I went to see "Sis" and showed her my goodies. We had a great visit.

Picked up the youngest and we went to Kroger's for our favorite spaghetti and a few other things. Once home we made the spaghetti (that sauce is so yummy), and now I am watching my shows.

I feel great from the break. It is amazing what a day like that can do for your attitude. Other than gasoline it was not a very expensive trip and yet knowing that I was away from the problems I have been dealing with made all the difference.

I'm ready to tackle tomorrow and whatever may come my way.



1 comment:

Loni said...

Good for you! Gotta love those just for you type moments.