Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Turtle is Freaking Me Out!



It is bad enough that some of my youngest's pet turtles howl at the strangest times, but today one of them has started making this even stranger sound and it is driving me crazy. I am especially irritated because I cannot figure out which turtle is making the sound.

I don't know if I can describe the sound, except that it makes me think of gargling, fingernails on a chalkboard, and phlegm.

It is not a constant sound. The turtle seems to time it just right. He waits until I have forgotten about it and then makes it again. It makes the hair on my neck stand up and my arms have goosebumps. Very unnerving. I swear that I hear that turtle snicker afterward, like it knows it really freaked me out, and that makes me mad because it did freak me out.




No comments: