Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Love Fall!

Fall has always been my favorite season. Texas falls are not as pretty as the ones I was used to growing up in Ohio. I miss the many colors we had in the fall there, especially the maple trees.

In Kentucky the colors were often iffy where I lived, but there was one mountainside between my home and college that was always glorious. To this day I can remember how my breath would catch as it would come into view. How I would love to see that again, but I am afraid if I went back the mountainside would be covered with houses now. Better to remember it as it was.

I do have some color in my back yard. These trees soothe my soul.


Chinese Tallow Tree


Sweet Gum

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheryl:
I know exactly what you mean - I miss Missouri in the fall because the foliage was simply beautiful. While some trees try to have those colors, it is not the same.

Mina