Saturday, November 8, 2008

Turtle Pond Dug


The boys, a hired child, and I worked on putting in the new turtle pond today. (I hired a friend of the youngest to help. He is a great worker!) We actually were able to get the hole dug, the pond in, and the rock around it. I say "we," but the boys did 99% of the work. I used a shovel, hoe, and pick ax a few times, but mostly I ordered them around.

The boys also helped me clean out the breezeway with the exception of the leaves. We will get those tomorrow.

The boys and I moved my picnic table out to the area behind the new pond and under my favorite tree, and I was very excited about that too.

We took lots of breaks, and even went into town for supplies and for lunch. We met the friend's dad and brother at Wendy's and had a great time.

It really was a great day, even though my back is killing me.

I let the boys climb in my favorite tree, I have never allowed that before, in fact, my boys have not had a lot of opportunities to climb trees in their life. The youngest was so excited. Here are the pictures from that adventure. NOTE: Since the oldest has his own website with pictures, I don't mind his face being on my blog, but the youngest is still under cover.


Youngest


Oldest


Three in a Tree and
None of Them Me


New Turtle Pond in Progress




No comments: