Friday, February 20, 2009

I Need Vitamin D!


I need Vitamin D!

I had a blood test this week in preparation for my annual physical. Today the doctor's office called me back to tell me that my Vitamin D level read as 11 and it should be in the 50's. They gave me the name of the type of Vitamin D they want me to take.

I don't know if this is something I have been deficient in for a while and they just now tested for it (seems to be something they are just now starting to test for upon the discovery to its importance), or if this is new. I will find out in April.

I used to be outside every day soaking up a little sun while I worked in the yard, but Raymond's doctor used to warn me all the time about the sun and skin cancer and I have become wary of being in the sun too much. I do try to sit outside several times a week for a little while in my swing with a mesh canopy.

Tomorrow I will go out and get my vitamin D and hopefully my body will start storing up this important vitamin.



No comments: