Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thought Post

Since I have decided to dedicate more time to quilting, I haven't had a lot of time to write, even though writing on this blog really helps my mind, so I decided to do a thought post.

So glad that the doctor has said the youngest is healing. We finish the meds and have some topical medication to put on any lasting lesions. While we were at the doctor's office we got the meningitis vaccine to get ready to go away to school.

Oldest has been really stressed with school. I am hoping he will get caught up with his projects and be able to get a little rest.

I keep asking myself why I cannot get over the hump when it comes to mourning Raymond.

TAXES!!!!! I have to get everything together this weekend. I hate all the paperwork even though I am pretty organized. I want to get it all in before Spring Break so I can enjoy the boys and not have all that in the back of my mind.

M had surgery on her other hand today. It went well, but I hate that she has to go through that, and deal with the recovery.

BFF Jill has a new daughter-in-law and grand-daughter. I did not get to meet the daughter-in-law yet, but if she is anything like that little girl, then she is a beautiful person. I wish the newly weds the very best.

I have been trying to find a way to lower my monthly bills. I have several ideas, but they are going to take some research. Trying to decide whether or not I should get rid of my land line, or change my internet to go with my land line. Of course, I could get rid of my land line and get internet phone service. I was working on ideas so I could have a little more money each month, but then today I got a notice that the health insurance for the boys was going up just about the same amount I calculated I could save. Not going to complain though because I have it better than a lot of people.

Need to drink more water. Usually get quite a bit done, but I have been slacking off the last couple of days.

Sometimes I feel like I am really letting Raymond down because I am not moving on like he requested.

Read "The Shack." It was good, but I liked "Ghostwriter" better.

I have to fast until after 10 a.m. tomorrow for a blood test. I am already thinking about what I can get to eat before I go back to work.

I have been craving spinach, tuna, and pickled beets lately. I don't eat them all together.

Back to quilting.

2 comments:

Seren Dippity said...

I had hoped that maybe your lack of posting meant that you were doing better. I betcha Raymond understands... it takes as long as it takes. He loves you for who you are and even though he expressed his wishes for you to "get on with it" I'm sure he is not disappointed in you. Your loving descriptions of him leave little doubt in my mind that he is proud of you and the boys.

Congrats on the youngest getting the school of his choice.

How's the quilting going btw?

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the comment. I think this is a bad time of year, Raymond's birthday coming up, Mom's birthday coming up, anniversary of Raymond's biopsy, diagnosis, beginning of last illness...

The quilting is something I am very happy with right now. Since I have been able to let it go and just go with the flow with my hand quilting I have actually gotten a lot done. I completed three blocks on the turtle quilt this weekend, and did several circles in a block tonight in just an hour. I'm very happy with how it looks.