Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Day Out With BFF


BFF Jill and I had another day out today. It was a lot of fun.

We went to Chuy's for lunch. We had shrimp bajo tacos. They were so good, even if I did have to enter every calorie into my Nutrition Assistant.

After lunch we went to Kohl's because I needed new jeans. I had coupons for BFF J and myself. I found four pair of jeans. BFF got a couple of nice tops, a pair of jeans, and some jewelry.

We then headed for Dillard's so that I could purchase a wedding gift for her son and daughter-in-law off the bridal registry. I bought them a couple of serving dishes, salt and pepper shakers, and a pot holder. While checking out I saw some green dishes that were 50% off and then another 40% off. I impulsively bought 2 boxes (place settings for 8).

The sales lady was very nice. She made sure I knew there was a copper band around the dishes before purchasing them because she got on quickly that I liked things to be pretty plain. Once I got into the car to leave I was pretty blown away that I had made such an impulse purchase.

The last stop was Half Price Books because I had a coupon that ran out today. I found a book I had been looking at online and we were headed home with a quick stop for BFF to get coffee and generously purchase an iced tea for me.

Once we got home I put the dishes in the dishwasher and the jeans in the washing machine and we sat down to listen my brother's new cd he had just mailed me, and play games. BFF thought she would beat me tonight, but I won a game of Quirkle and two games of Split. BFF had enough after that and went home. (Actually, she was really tired.)

After Jill left, I emptied the dishwasher and realized that I now want another set of the dishes. I really like them, and I am used to having 12 place settings. They come out to $20 for four place settings, so I really can't beat it. I may have to stop by there on Monday and see if they have any left.


No comments: