Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No More Frozen Meals


I have been trying to find a frozen meal that I can stand, and so far no luck.

My youngest is such a picky eater that there is only one meal that we can share, which means I end up having to cook just for myself every night. I don't enjoy that, so I end up eating a lot of unhealthy meals. So for the last couple of weeks I have been making an effort to try different frozen meals, such as rice and veggies. I just do not like them.

Most of these meals come with some kind of strange sauce. I don't like sauces. Today's meal was in a steamer basket so I didn't have to use the sauce, but the sauce was still on some of it and it was too saucy. I find myself trying to chew the food and swallow it without it really touching my tongue. Very unsatisfactory.

I am going to have to find a solution, but I'm not sure what that will be. I have never been big on leftovers except for pasta. There is only so much peanut butter I can eat, and cereal every night gets very boring.

One thing is for sure, I am done wasting my money on those frozen meals.


1 comment:

Loni said...

I guess I've lived such a "dieter's life" that most frozen meals don't bother me any more.. though some are tastier than others, that's for sure.