Sunday, February 8, 2009

This is Going to be One Long Week


This is the week. This is the week we find out if the youngest has been accepted, delayed, or rejected by the school he wants to go to next year. I can't stand the waiting. It has me on pins and needles. I know his scores were good, I know his application was strong, he was called in for an interview which is a good sign, so all indications say it should be yes. The one thing you never know is what was said in the reference letters from the teachers. Those are sent directly to the school and are not seen by the parents or students.

I can't imagine them being bad letters. He is a straight "A" student. I just don't know if they were strong enough. Especially since he is applying to go one year earlier than their normal acceptance time period.

We are not supposed to get the letter until February 13th. If I remember correctly my oldest might have gotten his letter a day earlier than the projected day, but it was pretty close.

I know that this is the best move we can make for my youngest, so I hope it is a go. He will be pretty devastated if he does not get in this year. Of course, a maybe letter means he has another month to make changes to his application, also he could be put on a waiting list.

This is going to be one long week.

No comments: