Monday, March 22, 2010

Birth Control or Emesis Container

When I arrived at the ER Saturday night I was quite nauseous.  I asked the nurse if I could have container in case I became ill.  I was expecting the old pink kidney shaped bowl that is usually worthless but was handed what looked like a huge diaphragm.  Once opened it looked like a huge blue condom.  It made me quite tickled.  Once I got over the shock of being handed this item I was quite thrilled with the design. I wish this had been available to Raymond during chemo, and to me when the kids were little.

It was also quite useful to entertain me during the more boring moments of the evening as a balloon and a hat.
 
I was thrilled that I did not have to use it as it is intended.






2 comments:

Loni said...

Stan said I should have taken pictures... and of M too when she was in recovery and I said what happens in the ER stays in the ER and what happens in Recovery stays in Recovery.. no matter how tempting it can be at times.

Unknown said...

For those of us that might be the ones getting photos taken of us when we are not in our right mind, thank you for restraining those urges.