Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For Me, It Does Not Get Better

Today Raymond would have been 51 years old.  I have been dreading this day for weeks, but no one at work knew about it.  In fact only one person I work with knew Raymond, and that was just by sight.  So imagine my surprise when I walked in to find gifts on my desk.  Not because they knew the significance  of the day but just because they chose today to express their love for me.  Later in the day my boss came in and she had a gift for me because she said she woke up thinking about me and that she needed to brighten my day. 

The showering of love did help me get through the day better than usual, but when someone asked me if it ever gets better I had to honestly answer "Not for me."  
There is just too much I want to share with Raymond on a daily basis.  I want to show him my quilts.  I need to discuss issues with the boys.  I would like his advice when someone has hurt me. 

I know that many people cannot understand that connection we had, but it was very special.  He was special.  Raymond was very interesting and intelligent and that helped me stay sharp.  Raymond loved me as I am, which is not easy. 

I miss him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in getting a mobia, and because it's so new there's not a lot of info out there. You had a comment in December that you purchased one ... still love it?

Cheryl said...

I do like it. Gives you a good workout by just walking. I haven't been able to do more than 10 minutes at a time before my heart feels like it is going to explode out of my chest, but I am not in the best shape. I usually get on it several times a day for short periods of time. I had to take a couple of weeks off when I was sick, so I had to start building up my tolerance again.

I like it a lot more than my old treadmill.

The only thing I wish it had was a bar across the front to hold. It has rails on the side, but I would prefer to hold in the front.

The company has been great about answering questions and they sent me a replacement wheel immediately when the first one was broken by the installer.

I am glad I made the purchase.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the info. Glad you're feeling better. I hurt my foot three years ago which took a whole year to heal in which I packed on 30lbs, then my grandma who raised me passed away so I ate for comfort and gained another 20lbs from depression- going from a size 10/12 to a 18/20 :( So wish me luck :) I'm super excited to get back into shape before I turn 30 in 6 months.

Cheryl said...

I hope you have great success. You might want to look to see if there is a TOPS group in your area. www.tops.org Support is always great when you are trying to lose weight.
I certainly understand the life stress that led to your gains.
Let me know how you do.
I care.

Unknown said...

Mama - you are so very easy to love. I know that you miss R; you always will because he was your special love. Love like that doesn't come to many people. Remember that you are loved!! xoxo