Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Maybe That Expiration Date Meant Something

The months are flying by so quick that I am not always sure what date it is.  I bought 2 bags of salad with spinach and dark greens last week with the use by date of May 2, thinking I had plenty of time to eat the salad. I ate one bag immediately.  The second bag I saved for lunch this week. 

Today I opened the second bag, looked at the date and thought "oh that was just yesterday"(uhh not really, it was Sunday and this is Wednesday).  I made myself a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch with lots of the salad on top for my work lunch, and it tasted great.  However, around 3:00 P.M. today my tummy started telling me that the greens were a little too old. 

Unfortunately, at 8:00 P.M. tonight my tummy is still telling me that the greens were too old.  I really need to pay attention to the dates on the calendar.

2 comments:

Loni said...

oops. having had Revenge of the Lettuce this week, I feel for you.

Unknown said...

Old salad greens will really upset the tummy; hope you are better now.