Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vacation 2010 - The Decision

This year I signed up at work to take one week of my vacation from May 24 to May 28, but with the holiday, I won't go back to work until June 1.  This was really the only week available for us as a family due to the youngest's summer class schedule.

At first the boys and I discussed going to Missouri.  I did some research, ordered a Missouri vacation planner, found a couple of places that were possibilities to rent, and then chose one, but did not rent it.  Every time I went to rent the house, something kept me from pushing the final button.  I must have known deep inside that it would not work out, and it would not have.  I was going to rent the house for a week, but when the oldest was hired at his new job, he was told he could only take Monday and Tuesday off.  

Monday and Tuesday off meant that as a family we could leave Friday, but we would have to be back Tuesday night.  The boys said they did not want to go to Bella Vista, my fave, but they would not come up with a plan.  Every time we asked the youngest he said "Meh."  The oldest just did not know.  
I finally asked if they would like to go to Cherokee Village, AR and see the lot that my mother left me.  They decided that sounded like a great idea.  

I called the Southern Pines Realty and whereas I could not rent the house of my choice, I did rent the second on the list of possible houses.  Number 14.

We had a plan.  The oldest would be able to get home by 2 or 3 P.M. Friday and we would leave immediately.  Since the realty company said we had to physically check in, we decided to drive as far as we could Friday, and then get up early the next morning, drive on in to Cherokee Village, check in and then we woulld have as much time at the lake as possible.  We would leave early Tues. morning and check out some other areas on the way back, including quilt stores.  

All was good.

No comments: