Sunday, May 30, 2010

Meet Up

I decided a while back that I was ready to start meeting men with the prospect of dating.  BFF has a recently divorced friend who is looking to meet new people so she put us in touch with each other.

He called me the other night and we talked for about 1 1/2 hours and then agreed to meet today at Starbucks, even though neither one of us drink coffee.  (The girls had suggested Panera but I had never been there and wasn't sure.)  

I arrived a little early at Starbucks and he arrived a few minutes later.  Starbucks was loud and crowded and he suggested we go over to Panera.  We drove there and both got a lemonade, which he paid for and I appreciated.  

His 50th birthday was Friday so I presented him with a card and a birthday candle.  We talked, in fact, we talked from 4:00 P.M. until 8:45 P.M. even though we knew pretty quick we were not going to be dating.  

I do not meet any of this nice man's criteria for the person he wants to date.  The person he dates must meet four criteria:
  1.  Conservative (UM, no, that is not me).
  2. Christian and regularly attend church (Well, I don't attend church regularly, and I did not fall under his definition of Christian).
  3. Against abortion (I believe in a right to choose, even though I would not have an abortion).
  4. Prompt (I like to be early, so I did meet one criteria)
We did have some laughs.  I invited him to come and have burgers at my cook out tomorrow because he will know a couple of people there.  
He did say that if he thinks of any guys that he knows that might be right for me he would send them my way.  He thought I was a nice person. 

I also gave him advice about a woman he is interested in at his church.  I hope that works out for him.  He would make the right person a very nice mate.  

I consider meeting this man to qualify under my year of daring. 

3 comments:

Seren Dippity said...

I'm proud of you! Putting yourself out there is not easy. But leaving yourself open to the possibilities will be good for you.

Loni said...

But you are you... and it certainly was daring... so you can mark another one off the list... unless you want to come to Hawaii and get in a Shark Cage :)

Unknown said...

Way to go! I think you did great going out, which is pretty daring. Wow - think of all the daring things that you will do this year.