Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vacation 2010 - Day Three - May 23

Sunday was a beautiful day in Cherokee Village.  The clouds over the lake were amazing. 

We had breakfast at the house and decided to head up to Mammoth Springs.  It was very pretty there but very hot.  After a walk around the lake, we headed to Sonic for lunch so that we could get back to the house for the boys to ready themselves for their easy float down Spring River.  I was looking forward to spending the afternoon quilting.

I dropped the boys off in Hardy and headed back to the house. On the way there I decided to stop at a local grocery store to pick up a new puzzle book.  When I walked into the store I almost gagged. It reeked of spoiled meat.  I grabbed a puzzle book and headed out.

Once at the house I tried to find enough light to quilt by, but the lights were not bright enough so I worked puzzles until time to head back to get the boys.

As I pulled into the parking spot at the canoe rental station I could see the youngest under the deck.  He did not look happy, he did look very wet, and bloody. He had bandages all over his leg.  Not good.

When I got out of the car the youngest headed towards me looking very worried.  He finally reached me and whispered to me that his brother had lost his glasses in the river.  I thought ohoh.  I had almost mentioned to the oldest that he might want to leave his glasses home, but it was supposed to be just an easy float and I would have worn mine.

Oldest finally comes out and he is visibly shaken and upset.  He was very worried about the cost of the glasses.  I was worried about the fact that he could not see.

Turns out that it was not an easy float.  There were many, many drops and they flipped twice.  They did not have fun.

Back at the house it was time for more fishing, where I caught more fish.  I love fishing.

Sunday night was doughy pizza because the oven did not work well.  When I reached in to get the dishes they were dirty, as in they had been put away with food on them and not even rinsed off. I was grossed out totally.

The boys and I talked it over and decided to leave a day early, especially after the chair my youngest was in turned out to be broken, and we found many other issues with the house.

I was bummed that the trip was not turning out like we had planned.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like the boys are the ones who had a daring adventure! Eyeglasses can be replaced. Thank goodness the rest of him is intact!

Unknown said...

Getting flipped in the river would have been a total freak out for me. Sorry that the boys didn't have a better float trip as the lake is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Getting flipped in the river would have been a total freak out for me. Sorry that the boys didn't have a better float trip as the lake is beautiful.