Friday, September 30, 2011

African Mango?

I would like to thank all of you that called, emailed, or posted comments to voice your concern over my allergic reaction. 

What caused it?  Well the only thing I had added to my routine that was different was the supplement African Mango. I was taking it to curb my appetite.  I read about this supplement in Science News, read Dr. Oz's comments and did lots of research before trying the supplement.  I started it on Friday, and I had the reaction on Sunday night.  Therefore the PA told me to quit taking it.  In fact she said the following:
 "I am from Africa and I have no idea what an African mango is."
"People in Africa are skinny because they have no food, no fast food,
and no cars, they walk every where."

I am not sure this is what caused the reaction, but I won't take any chances with finishing the bottle.

Why am I not sure, because I had really worked myself into a full blown anxiety attack due to some stress I was under and was worried about Monday morning.  

Today, even with the high dose steroids, and really staying to foods I know I have no issues with, I started breaking out in welts, itching, and my palms turned brilliant red when I came under great stress again.  My feet even turned brilliant red and welts came up on the sides of my feet during a meeting tonight.

So no more African Mango. 

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thank goodness you figured it out! I was worried you got bit by a spider and he was still lurking under the bed.