Monday, September 5, 2011

Good Labor Day Weekend

I have really enjoyed my weekend.

Since I don't work on Fridays, I spent Friday finishing a quilt top, then backing and sandwiching it for quilting.  

Saturday, following a request by the youngest, it was donuts for breakfast, followed by some errands, quilting, and a late lunch with Loni and the youngest, a trip to JoAnn's, and then more quilting with some television.

Sunday I got up and scrambled fresh eggs and fixed bacon (surprise - the youngest does not like bacon). Then I quilted most of the day while watching Ally McBeal.  I forgot how much I loved that show and the music. Why I forgot I don't know, since I have Vonda Shepherd's cds.  There was a little porch swing sitting, but it was pretty windy. 

Today, Monday, I woke up to beautiful cool weather.  I opened the windows and door and made buttermilk biscuits from scratch for breakfast, and then I sat down and finished reading Hush.  I plan on binding my quilt today, and then either on to another quilt project, or work on the hand quilting I have to do...but I need a different color of thread.

I am looking forward to a 3 day work week, even though I know it is going to be a really tough one with 2 major meeting next week, and knowing I have to be out of the office for over 1/2 a day later this week for a training class.


No comments: