Friday, September 9, 2011

Way Out of My Comfort Zone

I like my comfort zone.  It keeps me on an even keel.  No anxious tummy, no growling colon, and no tension headache.

Lately I have had to do so many things out of my comfort zone that I feel like (sorry to be so graphic) I may hurl on someone's foot at any moment.

Comfort Zone: Talking to strangers.  I enjoy talking to people and finding out about them.
Out of Comfort Zone: Gong up to strangers and asking them for a favor. (Think posting advertising flyers.)

Comfort Zone: Going to a district meeting and having my boss introduce everyone in the group.
Out of Comfort Zone: Having to announce my name, what I do, etc. at a district meeting.

Comfort Zone: Having a job to do, being in control of that job, having a checklist and knowing deadlines.
Out of my Comfort Zone:  Being in charge of something I am not "officially" in charge of, but being told that it is up to me.  Excuse me!  How did that happen.  Talk about anxiety.   

Comfort Zone: Taking any trip in my own vehicle where I can take anything I want with me, leave when I want, stay longer in any one place than planned, buy whatever I want and be able to haul it home.  The security of knowing that if something happens I can sleep in my vehicle.  
Way, Way, Way Out of Comfort Zone:  Knowing that I will be taking a trip where I am at the mercy of others.  I know that the planned trip to Alaska is not until May but I am freaking out.  Planes, Ships, Excursions all where I am not in the driver's seat and I can't take all my stuff with me.  I think I might need medication for this. 

No comments: