Sunday, October 9, 2011

GO AWAY!

I woke up with a massive migraine around 5:30 this morning.  I tried to go back to sleep but that was a no go as wave after wave of nausea hit me.  I finally decided to get up and try a very hot shower hoping it was a sinus issue.  The shower felt good, but did not help.

Next step was to take Exedrin Migraine and sit still and quiet on the couch as the sky began to turn light outside.  That didn't help.  Now I wasn't only nauseous, but I was running back and forth to the bathroom for the lower half of my body.  Not a good sign.

We had family breakfast scheduled for Mimi's Cafe at 9:30 and I started wondering how that was going to go down.  I decided I might have to send the youngest and Loni off by themselves.  

Around 8:30 the migraine had slacked off enough that I knew I needed something in my stomach.  I decided to go to breakfast after all.  A regular coke with a light and fit breakfast was tasty and settled my stomach some.  

We ran a few errands and then came home.  I settled in to finish reading a book I have been struggling through and then quilt.   I made it through the book and I managed to trim the table runner and was just punching in the calculations for the binding when BAM! - migraine  moved back into full force mode.  

Now my face is numb on one side, I am nauseous, etc., and I am trying to keep myself busy so I won't think about it.  I would like to take a nap, but I can't find a comfortable position.

Hopefully, the pain will die down again in a few minutes and I can try to get through the day.  

At least I finished the book.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the migraine attacks. Pain is the pits.
Heard at church others also having migraine problems. Weather related?

So far my Head Ok today.
But I could have been partners with you this morning in the bathroom. Not a fun experience!
Praying all will be better for you real soon.