Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011 - Traveling Day - Austin to Dallas

Mina, Loni and I got up this morning and had breakfast at the hotel before heading back home.  I have to say my eggs, ham and cheese were cooked to perfection.

We hit the road after breakfast and headed for our first stop.  "The Sewing Basket" quilt store in Salado.  The girls had been there before but I have only been to their booths at quilt shows.  I found some great fabric, picked up some more fat quarters from the Quilt Across Texas collection, and found 3 patterns.  Loni found a kit, panel and some fat quarters.  Mina knows her upcoming schedule does not allow time for her to quilt, so she restrained herself. 

Our next stop was Collin Street Bakery for lunch and to pick up a fruitcake for Mina's aunt. 

We hit the road again and headed towards Waxahachie so we could stop at Common Threads Quilt Shop.  As we went north on I35 Loni kept talking about the weird cloud in the sky, which we kept watching.  It wasn't until we came closer to Waxahachie that we realized it was smoke. The lady at the quilt shop told us that there was a massive chemical fire that had been burning since earlier in the day.

Magnablend Plant burns in Waxahachie, TX.


Mina decided to stay in the car and read while Loni and I went into the quilt shop.  I found a pair of polka dot green scissors and stencils, and Loni found a pattern and pillow case fabrics.   

Once we finished at Common Threads, we headed for home.  Mina went on to get her nails done once we arrived at home and Loni and I caught up on some television 

Dinner was at San Miguels and then home to rest and watch television. 

It was a grand weekend!

No comments: