Monday, October 3, 2011

Saturday, October 1, 2011 - Austin Here We Come

Loni, Mina and I left for Austin around 8:15 A.M. on Saturday, October 1, 2011.  The purpose of the trip was to participate in the Trek Women's Tri on Sunday.

Once we arrived in Austin we went straight to the triathlon's expo to pick up our packets, shirts, chip, etc.  The expo had lots of free stuff like laundry detergent, sweet potato tortilla chips, a cool hat, walnuts, and other cycling related information.  We signed in, picked up our packet, filled our pack with freebies and headed out to find lunch.  

Lunch was at Marie Callendar's.  After lunch we checked into the Embassy Suites.  Mina was kind enough to share some of her hotel points and provided our rooms.  Mina and Loni shared, and I had a suite to myself.  Loni pretty much went into their room and conked out.  Mina studied.  I watched television and quilted in my room, and later ran some errands.  

It was a very pleasant day.

No comments: