Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jobs I Could Do: Pick Out Art for Hotels

Thanks to Mina's generosity, I had a suite to myself in Austin for the Trek Women's Tri.  It was fabulous. I was able to stay up as late as I wanted, come and go as I pleased, have half a "nekid" day, and take up the entire couch with my quilting. 

It was because of my quilting that I realized just how horrible the art was in the living area of the suite.  I was watching a movie and hand quilting leaves on my table runner when I just felt as if something was looking over my shoulder.  I looked back and there it was! 

Embassy Suites idea of comforting

I can feel those fangs just sinking into my shoulder.
Why would you put something like this in a hotel room?  Loni and Mina had it in their room too.  The bedroom had a beautiful watercolor print of bluebonnets.  

Loni tried to convince me it was artwork from Magic, the Gathering, or that the shiny thing in the background was the Enterprise shooting lasers to kill the thing.  I didn't buy it.  

I think it looks like a giant spider getting ready to sink its fangs into whoever is sitting on the couch.  

After looking at this painting for two nights, I decided that I could definitely get a job as the art buyer for Embassy Suites. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely looks like a giant spider "attacking" something. When I first settled into the room and saw the painting, it creeped me out too.

I was glad that the picture was not in the bedroom.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

I think it looks like some weird alien coming to attack you. I hope it wasn't in the bedroom! ICK!!