Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday, October 2, 2011 - Triathlon Day

Sunday I got up early to eat my designated food that I knew would not upset my tummy and wait for the girls to be ready.  We hit the road at 6:30 a.m.  The girls stopped at Taco Cabana for breakfast, then it was off to the triathlon.

The name of our team was Mama N Chicks.  

First up for the morning was one of the chicks, Loni, with the 1/2 mile swim.  She was in the purple wave.  Once she was in the water, the other chick, Mina, headed up to the transition area to await her turn on the bike.  

Loni on way down to swim start.  10.2.11 Trek Women's Tri, Austin, TX

Loni finished swim! 



Once Loni had completed the swim, I took the chip and headed to the transition area.  The terrain was very rocky, and it was not for a person with planters fasciitis.  As soon as I hit the transition area, I turned the chip over to Mina and she was off on her bike.  (Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of this as we were trying to get out of the shoot.)

While Mina was off on her 12 mile, very hilly ride, Loni and I chilled in the transition area.  We had a chair and a sheet to sit on and we sat and cheered people on as we waited for Mina to return.  

When Mina returned to the transition area, I took the chip and headed out on the 5K.   I mostly walked the route, but there were times I jogged.  There were a couple of good sized hills on the route as well as parts that were not paved.  I wore my big floppy cotton hat to keep from being sunburned, but I had a deal with Loni and Mina to meet me before the finish so I could put on my pretty green hat.  Once I hit the finish, I was asked where my chicks were.  I knew Mina was down there with me, but I couldn't find her, and I knew Loni was back in the car resting her foot.  I picked up the medals for the team and headed back up the hill to get to the van.

Mama (Me) Singing as I climbed one of the hills on my 5K route.

1/2 Way Point

Mama has picked up the medals for the team.  Time to head back up the hill to the car.





My first medal ever!!!!!
We headed back towards the hotel and stopped at Panera's for lunch.  After lunch it was time for a hot, soapy shower.

After showers, Mina decided to take a nap to rest her back (still messed up from the ATV spill in Vegas), and Loni and I ran an errand and then went to see What's Your Number followed by dinner at Outback.   We grabbed a snack for Mina and headed back to the hotel. 

Mina was pretty much out for the night when we returned to the hotel, so Loni and I stayed in my room and played Split while watching a Criminal Minds marathon.  

We were all very pleased with our performances in our individual areas.  Since this was the first time for me to do a 5K, I was just hoping not to be in the last 3.  Here are our res

Congratulations TEAM MAMA N CHICKS!
Here are your results for the 2011 Trek Women AUSTIN Triathlon:

 

Swim 00:35:07

Bike 01:11:14

Run 00:51:59

Total 02:52:53

Our team came in 331 out of 344. Woohooo!!!
Mama N Chicks! We did it!



No comments: