Friday, October 7, 2011

You Want Me to do What????

I am a very lazy person, therefore I value efficiency.

I also try to be a responsible person.  I obey most laws - speed limits are just a suggestion - right?

It is because of my efforts to be efficient and obey laws that I almost passed out at the Trek Triathlon when the volunteer handed me a cup of water and told me just to toss the cup on the ground when I was done. WHAT?????

There were hundreds of cups on the ground around the water station and volunteers bending over to pick them up.  My head almost exploded from how inefficient they were being.  All it would have taken was a low bin of some sort for people to toss their cups into.  Even if some of them missed, my guess is there still would have been less work for the volunteers.

I admit I carried my first cup until I saw a trash can.  

At the second water stop the volunteer gave me two cups of the lukewarm nasty tasting water.  CRUD! Now I had to carry two cups!  I have to admit I did not make it to a trash can with those two cups.  I waited until I saw several cups stacked together on the side of the road and added mine to the stack.  At least that was efficient.  The volunteer would only have to pick up a stack, if no one came along a threw their cup on the ground.  

Of course, then I was bothered the whole way to the finish line about littering.  It is just so wrong!

No comments: