Saturday, August 25, 2012

Empty Nest ~ Again

As of about three minutes ago my nest is empty again.

The youngest loaded his car and headed off to the apartment he will share with his brother. An Oscar and Felix situation for sure.

This is truly the end of summer for me.  All the boys have moved on to their "real" lives.

My oldest starts graduate school and his position as a TA (Teaching Assistant). Not that he is around much any way, but we did see a little bit more of him over than summer than we do during the school year.

The youngest begins his junior year of college.  His class schedule is very challenging and he is sure to be stressed.  It is a lot for an 18 year old.  If he stays on this track he will graduate college two years younger than his dad, his brother, or I did.  Should prove interesting.

The dancer, and one of my favs, has moved to Pensacola, FL.  He will be dancing for a living which is what he really wants to do for as long as he can.

Army boy is in Korea for two years.

Redhead is working and engaged to get married in 315 days if I subtract one from the days his fiancee told me last night.

Redhead's brother is going to start his freshman year of college.  (He is a great friend of the youngest and my fav of that age group.)

The nest is even empty of the adopted girls this weekend as they are on one of their road trips.  

Don't be sad for me though.  I have plans for the day and evening.  I have just been waiting for the youngest to get out the door so I can start on my own little adventures for the day.  

All is good, just quiet.  Well, quiet until I crank up my music. :)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I'm always up for porch swing time ya' know. ;-)