Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Way I Start My Day

Looking at the above collection of artwork and a common necessity is how I start each morning.  The artwork above my commode is there for a reason.  The outhouse photo reminds my of my paternal grandmother and the hardships she encountered everyday.  She had an outhouse up until I was 9 years old.  Unfortunately, by the time she got indoor plumbing she was too ill to actually use the bathroom.  In fact, I don't think I ever got to use the indoor plumbing at her house.  When I see the picture of the outhouse, it reminds me of how easy I have had it in my life, and that I have nothing to complain about when it comes to the comforts I have enjoyed.  

The artwork above the outhouse says "Just Put On Your Big Girl Panties On and Deal With It!" It just gives me a little incentive to go out in the world and deal with what happens, because once again I am blessed in my life and, in the big picture of things, I have have no complaints.

No comments: