Sunday, August 12, 2012

Plano Quilt Show and 10 Minute Table Runner

The Plano Quilt Show in Plano, Texas was yesterday and today. I went yesterday for my first go around and then back today to get the things I wish I had purchased and didn't.

A vendor new to the show this year was Desperate Quilters from Keller Texas. What a great group of women. The were so friendly and patient with me. They taught me how to make a 10 minute table runner using the Utah State pattern and a reversible tote bag from Allpeoplequilt. I purchased some fabric from them to make the table runner, and then went back today to get buttons. They had red paisley's to match my fabric! I made the table runner up at midnight last night in less than 10 minutes.




Crooked Creek Quilt Shop had wonderful stencils, and they were great about explaining how to look within your stencil to find even more ways to use it and get the most out of the stencil, and the best way to get rid of the blue pen stencil marks.

Just Jennifer is always one of my favorite stops. She had a great turtle pin cushion and some little turtle pins this year that came home with me.

Fat Quarter Cafe had some great coordinating fabrics for my stash to make the reversible totes I am going to try, and some great advise on a pattern I purchased.

And the boys will not need to do any Christmas shopping this year as their adopted Tia Loni bought a kit I wanted from the Material Girl Fabrics booth and presented them with the bill, but she told them they could pay on an installment plan.

There were some other little gadgets purchased here and there, but the ones above were my favorites.

I am going to make up 10 Minute Table Runners for the church bazaar in Thanksgiving and Christmas colors.

No comments: