Friday, August 24, 2012

I Expect it to Work

I totally understand companies updating their websites and adding features, ads, etc., it is the way of the world and I respect everyone trying to keep up and not stagnant.  I do not understand when the new website is not user friendly and does not work as well as the old one.  

My bank just introduced a totally new website and for some reason I can no long access my checking account.  I am just a little frustrated because I pay almost every bill online and have for at least eight years, maybe more. 

I have a message into the bank, but their technical support does not open until later in the day.  

In addition to not being able to use my bill pay, their new website is very busy and not as user friendly as the old one.  That is not a snap judgment. I navigated through their new website for about 20 minutes last night and have been on there for about 20 minutes this morning, which is longer than I ever spent on the old one.  I have read all the help segments, answered all their questions, changed my password, reset my timeout, etc., and I hate this new website.  

I could live with hating the new website, if I could access my money!  Isn't accessing my money, making deposits, and paying bills one of the main functions of a online banking bill pay system?

No comments: