Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hope Springs ~ Movie

As part of Mina's birthday, we had a girls' day today starting with a movie and then lunch.  The movie was Hope Springs with Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep, two of my favs.



It was a good movie and Steve Carrell was excellent in his role.

As much as I enjoyed the movie, it made me very sad.  It brought up regrets about things I didn't ever get to say or do with Raymond. It reminded me of what ifs, and missed opportunities in other parts of my life.

It also reminded me of a friend's ex-husband and what an ass he is, and how happy I am that she has such great possibilities for happiness now.

I think a lot of people could benefit from this movie.

2 comments:

Loni said...

It reminded me a lot of sessions that I've been through. As we close in on the 1-year anniversary of the start of my new life, I can say that I'm doing pretty well these days. Much of that is due to the love and support of my extended family :)

Cheryl said...

Loni, you are doing great! I am very proud of you. You certainly are doing better than I am at the moment.