Saturday, August 18, 2012

What a Happy Night

This was a very happy night. 

It started off with my usual Friday night dinner date with Loni at Los Charros and we were blessed with Mina and Stan's company tonight.  

After dinner it was home because Kyle, our Butler Grad/Professional Dancer, was home to finish packing before moving to Pensacola, FL on Sunday and he was to come to Mama's for an evening with the the gang.  Now I will admit he is one of my favs because I am just closer to him.  He had I have shared some very special conversations and he will always be in my heart.  So I was looking forward to my hug tonight.

Before Kyle arrived, Stewart and Sarah arrived for the evening and brought me a special gift, Stewart's brother Casey.  He is another one of my special boys and I have not seen him all summer, which meant he had to hug me extra tonight.  I love that kid.  He is looking good and will be starting college on the 27th.  

Sarah settled in with Loni and me to work on her quilt.  Loni is in the process of doing some Christmas knitting which includes a black scarf for me.  I was working on ten minute table runners as I had one commissioned for Monday.    As we all worked on our different projects we watched Music and Lyrics.  While the boys played Civilization in the Man Cave.


It was a very happy night for the Mama.  

I will miss my dancer boy something fierce, but I am very happy for him.  

Not sure how Loni and I will deal with the depression come August 26 when everyone has moved back to campus,.  It sure will be quiet around here.


No comments: