Friday, August 3, 2012

Finding Me - Scary Stuff

This finding me year is scary stuff.  

One of the problems I have with finding me is that I never see myself as others do, and I am always surprised by what they have to say, usually pleasantly. I know it is because I have a bad self-image.  Something I have battled all my life, and don't see myself getting over any time soon.

Tonight the boys all asked me to play Citadels with them, so I went into the Man Cave and played a game.  During the game we were all talking about a project I have been working on, and all the advice I have been getting regarding said project. I mentioned to the boys that someone suggested I show my skill sets during this project, but that I was not sure I had any skill sets to show off.  The boys immediately started talking about how my skill set was that I was a people person.  The youngest said it was obvious by how strangers came up to me in stores to ask for help and/or tell me their problems or life story.  It was nice to hear what the boys thought. It was nice that they even notice.  

I will continue on this path of finding me, but I will do so with shaking knees and an upset stomach most of the time. 


2 comments:

Loni said...

You need to be a professional Mom.

Cheryl said...

If I could only get paid for that!