Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween in Texas

It was a great Halloween day for me today.

I had lunch with Loni and Mina. (Thank you girls for the homemade cookies and candy for the Trunk or Treat at church). After lunch I met up with Jill and we went fabric shopping. She purchased more fleece for the no-sews for Soldiers' Angels, and I purchased more fabric for the back of the cat quilt.

Jill and I picked up the youngest from school (a little late) and I took Jill home and the youngest and I came back so he could get ready for a party tonight.

Before the party the youngest and I walked around the property. I enjoyed marveling at some of the sights in the yard.

It is almost always windy on my property and difficult to get good pictures of delicate things that blow in the breeze, but I did try to get a picture of some of the roses still blooming in the front yard.



After dropping the youngest off, I came home and made 3 pumpkin pies, two with crusts, and one without.

I have the television blasting really loud, the floor fan blowing, and I am getting ready to work on the cat quilt.

It has been a great Halloween.

No comments: