Thursday, June 4, 2009

Great Day, Lousy Evening

I had a great day today.

I went to work excited about my plans for the day.

I went to lunch with my friend Marie. "Hi, Marie!" Her birthday is coming up, but she is also getting ready to go to Colorado to see her daughter for an unknown amount of time, so I took her out today. We went to Taste of Home in Wylie for a tasty meal, and then did a little browsing at Blue Ribbon Quilt Shoppe. Once back at work I showed her my quilts.

Marie is a great sounding board for me. I really appreciate the fact that she is there for me and that she understands how tough my situation at work can be at times. She is a scrapbooker and from what I have seen a very good one. She has a very good eye.

After Marie left I worked for about another 90 minutes, and then I came home expecting to get quite a bit done on setting up my quilting area now that the tortoise table is out of the living room. (YEAH!!!) However, for whatever reason after just a little bit of work my hips started really bothering me and I was down for the night.

I really thought the weather change was over and I was through with the pain for the week. Guess not.

I'm going to try to watch a movie and hand quilt, but I may be off to bed instead.

It is very discouraging to have such a great day only to have the evening turn lousy, but I am not going to let the pain take away the joy I am carrying over from my time with my friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, great day!
Lunch was great and having time to chat was the greatest.
Still am mentally admiring your quilts--they were gorgeous!
You hang in there while I am away.
Scrapper

Loni said...

Hope today is better :)