Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Squirrels are Partying Today!

How I wish my camera wasn't in Costa Rica.

As I was sitting here admiring my view this morning a squirrel jumped onto my covered porch swing, making it sway, and then laid down in the cushion for a few moments. He looked like he was was really enjoying himself.

After the ride, he scampered over and enjoyed a few nuggets out of the bird feeders. He must have sent out a secret code or something because suddenly there were four other squirrels enjoying my backyard. None of them took a ride on the swing, but they did enjoy running up and down the railing on the wheelchair ramp and taking turns at the feeder and birdbath.

I love my backyard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Squirrels are darling. I named one of the squirrels Winky because he always winked at me when he gnawed on walnuts from our walnut tree.