Saturday, June 13, 2009

Long Day

Last night and today was orientation for my youngest at his new school. I left orientation last night after a few minutes of greeting old acquaintances and spent quality time with my oldest. The youngest had to spend the night.

Today I got up at 6:15 a.m., showered, dressed, had breakfast, and drove the hour to get back to the orientation by 8:30 a.m. The sessions started right on time and went on all day.

We would listen for a couple of sessions, get up to walk to another building, get a snack, attend another session, go back to the other building, get up, have a meal, and then go back to the other building, etc. We finally finished up around 6:00 p.m.

We stopped on the way home to get ice cream at Beth Marie's, then went to IKEA to replace my bedroom quilting bookcase that I gave up to the boys for their playroom.

The youngest and I finally got home around 8:40 p.m. tonight. Hot, thirsty, and so tired. We looked at the pool and thought about how great it would feel on such a hot sticky night, but we were both too tired to make the effort to get in and out of it. Too tired to cool off in the pool, now that is sad, but quite a testament as to how long this day was.

No comments: