Friday, June 26, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New

My Pastor, and my boss, led his last service with us on June 14th. Our new pastor begins July 1st.

It was really hard to say goodbye to Darrell. He was my friend long before he was my boss. He and his wife stepped in and took my boys when no one else was available and we had to go back to Houston for more surgery. Darrell baptized my boys, and me. He was with us when Raymond died. He wrote a beautiful memorial service for Raymond. Darrell and I have the same political leanings, and we enjoy a lot of the same music, so we were often listening to the same things while we worked.

My new Pastor and boss is named Nancy. I have met with her a couple of times, and she seems to have some great ideas. I'm looking forward to working with her, and helping her get settled into her office.

It will also be nice to have a boss again. It has been a little difficult these past two weeks to work without anyone to bounce ideas off of, or to turn to when issues have come up that are beyond my "authority."

I wish Darrell and Nancy good luck in their new positions.

No comments: