Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flashback

It is really foggy out tonight. When I came back from dinner with L my street was so foggy I could not find my driveway. It made me have a major flashback.

When I lived in Kentucky our house was on Lake Cumberland. It was often extremely foggy. I remember many nights when I would come home from a date and I would have to slide over and drive while my date laid on the hood of the car and looked for the turn in to our subdivision. I was always terrified that we would get rear ended by someone coming around the curve too fast. There had been some terrible accidents at the entrance of our subdivision due to fog.

Other times we would drive with the passenger door open and look for the turn in, but that was tricky because the door often kept you from seeing the turn in fast enough. Hanging your head out of the window was okay, but not as good as laying on the hood.

Another bad thing was that there was no way to get to my house from town without going over the Fishing Creek bridge. Of course I hate bridges so on foggy nights I would not be able to tell I was on a bridge, but I also could not tell if I was actually going across the bridge or missing the bridge and heading into the lake.

I hope the fog will be lighter in the morning, but at least I have experience with driving in the thick stuff.

1 comment:

Loni said...

bet you were really glad we got the mail before dinner instead of after ;)