Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Noise Outside

I was sitting here watching recorded shows on my computer and goofing around on the internet when I started hearing funny sounds outside. Now I have been really good about not getting spooked in the house on these long nights, but I really could not figure out where the sounds were coming from. The unidentified sounds were making my tummy go all "whooshy" and my heart pound.

My first thought was it might be my neighbor starting up his motorcycle, but he doesn't ride at night. My next thought was maybe my oldest was stopping by and he was bringing stuff in from the car, but he usually calls.

The sound was not going away, it was not getting louder, but I could not identify it and I was feeling a little paralyzed.

After a few more minutes I decided to check the weather on the internet. That is when I realized that we are under a severe thunderstorm watch and that there were storms already north of us. Of course by the time I figured out the noise was the distant storm the noise was obviously rolling thunder.

I had no idea there were storms around us, or that we were expecting any. That is what I get for isolating myself so much today. A "whooshy" stomach and a pounding heart.


No comments: