Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday BFF

Today was the day my BFF and I celebrated her birthday. It was last weekend, but circumstances prevented us from having a celebration.

Our first stop was a trip to the new popcorn/candy store in town that has a lot of the candy from our youth. I gave her some cash and told her to shop. I think she had fun.

After the candy store it was lunch at Chuy's, and a trip to Entertainmart where I bought the "Sex in the City" dvd for us to watch tonight.

Once home we had some of the cake I made her, which was a huge disappointment. I used one of the suggested alternative ingredients and it made the cake very dry. The ganache was fabulous though.

It was a great day because we spent it together. It is so nice to have a friend that you can sit around and relax with and be yourself.

Happy Birthday BFF.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday, J! I totally agree about how wonderful is it to have a friend to do things with; I'm blessed in that regard.