Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbye Mom and Thanks


My Mom passed away today around 3:00 p.m
.

I think it was the best ending we could have hoped for, I’m sure she planned it out.

I worked today and left a little after 2:30 and drove straight to the nursing home. When I got to her room there was a man and woman with her. They told me they were doing a sonogram that the Dr. had ordered. I asked if it was on her abdomen and they said no, her legs. I said that I would stay in there with them. During all of this exchange Mom could not see me because I was behind the curtain. When I poked my head around the curtain Mom gave me the most glorious smile and waved at me. I walked to the other side of the twin bed and she was gone. That quick.

Thank you Mom for waiting to let me see that smile and for the wave.

Thank you for all the sacrifices you made to make my life better.

I will miss you, but I know that you are with Dad, Raymond, Bob, and your Mom and Pop, along with many, many others.

I love you Mom.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

I am sorry for your loss. I am happy that you got that last smile and wave. I know how precious those little things can be.

Anonymous said...

We will miss our sweet GiGi very much. I'm so glad I got to have her for my second Mama for awhile.

Deborah said...

Cheryl,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to see that glorious smile.

Loni said...

My deepest sympathies for you, the boys, and the rest of your extended family. I am glad that you got that last smile and wave.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

What a beautiful thing to spend the last few moments with your Mom. I know you will miss her. But knowing that she is safe and warm with her loving family somehow makes it easier on us.

We love you and will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your loss. I'm so glad that you were there at the end to see that smile & wave!
Laurie

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you got to be with her and that your last memories of her will be her smile and wave. Thinking of you and the boys.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers.