Friday, June 6, 2008

Kudos to my Girls

I have two friends, who happen to be best friends with each other. I consider these two extraordinary women to be my daughters.

I tell them all the time how proud I am of them and their accomplishments.

For the past two years they have cycled in the MS150. They have not completed the complete course, but they will.

They are extremely generous in their charitable contributions.

They support their friends and family.

They treat my boys as if they were their big sisters.

They send me Mother’s Day cards.

I am always amazed at how bold they are in trying new things and putting themselves out there. I cannot wait until the day I watch them on the Amazing Race (I have great faith that they will do something like that some time in the future).

I just wanted to put it out here in cyberspace about how I proud I am of Loni and Mina. I am very blessed to have them in my life.

2 comments:

journeyinfinite said...

Your friends sound like exceptional people and inspiring, nurturing friends!
Lately, I have been ultra appreciative of some of my friends from work because they are moving on to the next chapter of their lives. I am trying not to be sad, but just to be appreciative that I have been lucky enough to share part of our life stories together -- and all the wisdom I have gained because of our time together.
And I've also thought about how whether I always realize it or not, sometimes people plant the seeds of inspiration just by simply being a friend.

Loni said...

Oh how sweet my dear College Mom :) Luv U too!

AU received my tuition check and I officially start Graduate School on Saturday... God willing in another 3 years you'll get to attend a Master's Graduation Ceremony.

I told my Dad and StepMom last night so that they too can have parental bragging rights along with my youngest Uncle.. my youngest cousins are at Notre Dame (undergrad) and the other one is to start Law School in the Fall.

I may be the oldest Grad Student in the family, but still a Grad student. Of course, my Dad still holds out hope that I'll change careers and go to med school or law school.