Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little Freaked Out

I stopped by Wendy's tonight to get my dinner. It was pretty busy and there was a line in the drive thru.

After I ordered, I turned the corner and was waiting to pay and pick up the order. My window was down and I really was not thinking about anything in particular, and I was not really aware of what was going on around me other than the fact the line was not moving.

I heard "Passenger - Hands in the Air!" but it did not really register.

Then I heard "Driver - Hands in the Air!"

"DRIVER - HANDS IN THE AIR NOW!"

Well that certainly registered. I started looking around. Where was the police officer? Who was he talking to? Was he talking to me? Did I look like I had a passenger? What was happening? Did I dare roll my car forward in the line?

I am starting to get a little freaked out.

I am afraid to look around too frantically, because if the police are surrounding my car I don't want to look suspicious.

There it was again. "HANDS IN THE AIR NOW!"

I am looking in the mirrors and I do not see any sign of the police. What is going on?

Then I see it. The car in front of me has their windows down and there is a dvd playing. Is that what I am hearing?

Just to be sure when I pick up my food I drive around the whole building and the parking lot behind it. No police cars any where.

HAHAHA on me.

It might take all night for my heart to go back to a regular beat, but at least I am not in jail.

No comments: