Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lies, Lies, Lies, and More Lies

There are certain people you just expect to fudge the truth when they talk to you...car salesmen, Fry's technicians when they have been holding your son's computer hostage for months, and the saleswoman in the boutique that must make her sales quota and tells you that your hindquarters look much thinner with 4 inch yellow stripes going across. These people fudge the truth because they need to make a sale or keep you as a client and they have bills and families to feed just like you do at the end of the day. I get it. I factor it into my decision making and go on with my life.

What I do not get is why a family member has to lie to me about things that matter, especially how my mother behaves in their presence. Those lies just make me really angry.

I get it. This family member is in serious denial. Always has been, always will be. This person is selfish, narcissistic, and a liar, but they are family and I love this person as much as I can. However, the years of constant denial and lies are starting to wear me down. I need this person to step up to the plate and tell the truth. I need this person to give me a break by being an adult for a change.

It will not happen. The lies will continue. In the end nothing will change. The responsibility will still all be on my shoulders. This person will never see how much my shoulders are sagging, or how much every decision takes another piece of me.

At least this blog gives me a way to release some of my anger so that I can go about my day without my head exploding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting some of the Stuff out of your system cause if your head were to explode, I am sure I would have to help clean it up.

:-O

Cheryl said...

I'll leave a note to make sure they call you first. :)