Friday, November 5, 2010

My Christmas Present Arrived

The ring I ordered for my Christmas present arrived. 

It represents my life so perfectly right now.




First of all it is green - Peridot to be exact.

Second the setting really represents my family:

The large stone is Raymond.  The one who set the example for the whole family in how to live.  That stone is triangular, showing that he represented something different to my two boys and me.  We each got a different side of him.  The Raymond stone is set away from the other three stones because he is no longer physically present in our lives.

The stone next to the Raymond stone represents me. It sets on top of the ring with the Raymond stone.  I am now the head of the family and am still here to guide the boys.
The other two stones are facing out on each side of the ring. These are the boys.  They are still connected to Raymond and me, but are farther away from Raymond as they did not have the time with him I did, and they are not on top of the setting with us because they have both gone on their own paths now.   I can't see their stones if I look directly down on the ring, but as I type this I can see the youngest's stone, and the oldest is there on the other side, I just don't see him as often.

Then there are the five holes in the band.  My favorite number.  

Yes, a pretty, perfect gift. I am glad I treated myself.  




2 comments:

Loni said...

You deserve to treat yourself.. and I'm glad you are happy with your selection.

Deborah said...

It's very pretty and so neat to read about the symbolism of each part. Glad you gave yourself such a special gift.